- RSS Channel Showcase 4219458
- RSS Channel Showcase 5047036
- RSS Channel Showcase 5232012
- RSS Channel Showcase 6762549
Articles on this Page
- 02/11/16--12:38: _Valentine’s Day by ...
- 02/15/16--20:12: _Arguing Over Money
- 02/23/16--05:54: _Avoiding Money Mist...
- 03/01/16--05:15: _Best Buys for March!
- 03/04/16--06:19: _The Pink Tax
- 03/22/16--04:49: _Spring Home Improve...
- 03/29/16--05:28: _April’ s Best Buys
- 04/12/16--06:04: _Making Groceries La...
- 04/26/16--05:17: _The Minimum Wage De...
- 04/28/16--08:03: _Best Deals for May
- 02/11/16--12:38: Valentine’s Day by the Numbers 2016
- 02/15/16--20:12: Arguing Over Money
- 02/23/16--05:54: Avoiding Money Mistakes
- 03/01/16--05:15: Best Buys for March!
- 03/04/16--06:19: The Pink Tax
- 03/22/16--04:49: Spring Home Improvement 2016
- 03/29/16--05:28: April’ s Best Buys
- 04/12/16--06:04: Making Groceries Last Longer
- 04/26/16--05:17: The Minimum Wage Debate
- 04/28/16--08:03: Best Deals for May
Well, the Valentine’s Day statistics are in, and retailers would like to thank the 55% of you who are taking part. Valentine’s Day spending continues the slow climb it has made since the 2008 crash. This year’s $19 billion will be up 3% from last year, and a new record. Part of that increase, they … Continue reading Valentine’s Day by the Numbers 2016
Couples and money. Yikes, right? Various studies tell us what many of us already know: disagreements over our finances lead to more fights than disagreements over kids, sharing the chores, work or friends. Another study says that couples who fight over finances once a week are twice as likely to divorce as those who fight … Continue reading Arguing Over Money
It’s a common theme that you hear repeated by the personal finance gurus – and the anxious folks who call them up on their radio shows: Why don’t they teach this stuff? I think that life gets complicated, and the simplest lessons, such as “Don’t buy stuff you can’t afford,” get lost in the hustle. … Continue reading Avoiding Money Mistakes
Every month at this time, we scout around the Web to find the best deals/bargains/values that Consumer gurus can find, as well as the items to avoid. So here are your buy/avoid links for March 2016! So, what are the March must-have deals? Snatch up anything to do with Spring cleaning – whether you do … Continue reading Best Buys for March!
Even if you haven’t heard it specifically referred to as the Pink Tax, you have probably noticed it on the store shelves. It’s the idea that the same basic item – let’s say disposable razors – are more expensive if they are pink, rather than blue. Well, DealNews.com is on the case, and cites a … Continue reading The Pink Tax
The path to spring home improvement can be rewarding. All it takes is a lot of time, work and money, and the willingness to disagree long and loudly with your significant other. As for the marriage counseling, it’s often covered under your health insurance plan, so there’s that. If you decide to go down this … Continue reading Spring Home Improvement 2016
It’s springtime and, here in the South, there’s no better sign of that than the thick yellow pollen dust covering your car, your patio furniture, and your children. Also there are big savings in the air for the month of April. Let’s take a look! Seasonal stuff: Spring clothing, Easter candy (after Easter, natch), Mother’s … Continue reading April’ s Best Buys
When it comes to buying groceries, I realize I am an odd duck. I work out of the home. I get bored. The grocery store is about a 2-minute drive from my house. Also, we don’t cook all that much. Bottom line, shopping is boredom therapy for me, and I am at the grocery store … Continue reading Making Groceries Last Longer
Last week there was news of a new, experimental McDonald’s in Missouri, where they were testing ideas such as “bottomless fries,” three different sizes of Big Mac and… nothing else, apparently. Those were the only two things that got any attention. What I noticed, though, was the computerized ordering kiosks. There were no front-line people … Continue reading The Minimum Wage Debate
What are your best buys for the month of May? Well, not only does May include Mother’s Day and Memorial Day, but May 4th is also Star Wars Day (“May the 4th be With You!”) So there are plenty of shopping – and saving opportunities to be had! Which of these items will be on … Continue reading Best Deals for May